Saturday, October 26, 2013

wellp, here goes nothing

So I've been wanting to start a blog ever since my internship ended. I don't really know why.. it's not like I think I'm interesting enough that everyone will want to read oodles about my life. I guess it's more so because I have had the most exciting last couple of months in my little adult life and I feel like I need to document them and even though I know it's against the rules, I want to mix pleasure with business.  

Just over a month ago I passed my RD exam. What does that mean? It means I passed the national exam that allows me to use my degree. I'm officially a Registered Dietitian, Nutritionist. Pretty fancy huh? About a week prior to taking my exam we found out I was pregnant. Yikes!! Luckily my morning sickness didn't kick in until the exam was done with (thank God!) and I wasn't far along enough for the dreaded baby brain to affect my test taking skills. 

Anyways, we have made the decision that I'm going to try out running my own business. I may be nuts and taking on way too much… but I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't try. I'm working on finishing up everything I need for my licensure so I can officially start practicing in the state of Nevada. So pretty soon you can count on me being that annoying person passing out business cards to everyone I know… sorry, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right?! 

I don't know if this blog will be as enjoyable for you as it is for me, but hopefully you read it and like it at least a little bit. I will do my best to not flood it with pregnancy things…. but it's my first kid and i'm pretty excited. I do want to highlight different areas of nutrition and wellness because I feel like this is a great outlet for that. If any of you readers (please let there be some readers) have nutrition questions, I'd love ideas on what you want to read about. 


till next time
xoxo
Leslie


2 comments:

  1. Hey Leslie,
    First off, congratulations! Being a momma is the hardest but most rewarding job there is. I love seeing new parents start this journey- it's so exciting and life-changing!
    Here's my nutrition question: once I deliver baby #2 (middle of january) we will be done having kids and I really want to get into shape fast. I am going to start an exercise routine but I know most of my "extra" weight is from not eating the best. With two babies under 2, I know that I will not have time to make fresh food a ton. I have been looking into meal replacement shakes to have during breakfast and possibly lunch too. I NEVER have time for breakfast in the morning and end up eating a huge meal around lunch time instead. I've done some research and have found that Ideal Shape shakes are the best over-all and are reasonable in price. What do you think about all this? Are those shakes sufficient enough for what your body needs?
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Candace!

      Thanks for reading! I love your question. I'm totally going to make a blog post for this question :)

      Thank you for your kind words too. I'm so looking forward to motherhood. And congrats on baby number 2!!

      Delete