Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Blackberry Vanilla Green Smoothie

Hello Blog readers! It's been a while. I've been in mommy mode (my husband and I welcomed our sweet baby boy into the world a few weeks ago) and in the process have neglected the blog... But I'm finally getting back in the swing of things. 

So. Let's talk a little about fiber. When I used to think about fiber it always made me think of old ladies drinking Metamucil and prune juice... Ew. Turns out there's a lot yummier ways to get your daily fiber intake. How much fiber should you be getting? Women need 25 grams a day and Men need 38 grams per day. It sounds like a lot, but eating fruits, veggies and whole grains will help you easily meet those goals! 

97% of Americans are deficient in fiber, so take advantage of what’s in season and cool down this summer with this nutrient packed blackberry smoothie recipe from Michelle! Try it and let us know what you think!

Cheers!

Leslie & Michelle 




No comments:

Post a Comment